Education and Certifications
- Medical School at the University of North Texas Health Sciences Center in Fort Worth, Texas (1998)
- Internship at Hillcrest Health Hospital in Oklahoma City
- Family Medicine Residency at the Colorado Springs Osteopathic Foundation and Family Medicine Center
- Board Certified in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy
- Advanced training in the treatment of cholesterol disorders and Board Certification in Clinical Lipidology (2007)
Dr. Porterfield enjoys caring for the entire family from newborns to the elderly. He cares for a variety of medical issues including:
- Opioid addiction
- Chronic diseases
- Skin problems
- Joint problems
- Laceration repair
- Shoulder/knee injections.
- Psychiatric issues such as depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety
In his free time, he enjoys time with his dogs, cats, parrot and horses. He likes to travel with his wife and enjoys working out, hiking in the mountains and reading.