Updated March 28, 2020
What You Need to Know
Rogue Community Health is dedicated to the safety and well-being of our staff and patients. We follow all recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Our clinics are available to assist you with your medical concerns.
- Virtual Visit! – starting April 2nd! Access the health care you need while limiting your excursions from home. Click on this link to discover how to make a Virtual Visit appointment using MyChart. If you do not have a code, please call 541-773-3863.
- Dental services: Through April 4th, we are transitioning to urgent dental care appointments only for the protection of our patients and staff. If you have a urgent dental care need or questions, please call us at 541-500-0959
- Prospect clinic: Prospect clinic is temporarily closed. The clinic will reopen after the risk of the Coronavirus passes.
- Telephone visits: For all patients who are ill, have upper respiratory symptoms, or meet the screening criteria for COVID-19, telephone visits with a medical provider are available. Please call 541-773-3863 and ask about a telephone medical visit.
- Behavioral Health: Behavioral Health counseling visits are available by phone. Please call 541-500-0977 and ask about being scheduled for a telephone visit.
What is Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of breath
If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms, please click on this link and follow the steps.
How can I help protect myself and family?
- People can help protect themselves and/or family from respiratory illness with everyday preventative actions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.) Click here to watch video.
Does Rogue Community Health test for COVID-19?
For more information about COVID-19, please visit:
- Center for Disease Control
- Oregon Health Authority
- City of Medford
- Read OHA’s answers to frequently asked questions.
- Ask general questions about Coronavirus by dialing 2-1-1. You can call 7 days a week, from 8 am to 11 pm, for answers to your basic COVID-19 questions, or visit 211info.org.
- Receive coronavirus updates through email or text message: Sign up online with the Oregon Health Authority.
- State of Oregon: Employment Department
- United Way sets up COVID-19 Fund to help people
- Rent assistance: ACCESS, Rogue Retreat and St. Vincent de Paul.
- ACCESS Food Pantry Network
- Free student lunches during school closure